sobota 10. února 2018

First Fair Isle

Hi, my dear readers ♥

Knitting trend of this winter are definitely sweaters with fair isle yoke, inspired by Icelandic Lopapeysa and I love all these new patterns and projects from knitters I follow on social media ! Of course I would like to make one myself as well... the problem is that I never really tried fair isle before, so I decided to start on something simple !

Some of you maybe remember this hat I made a while ago from super-warm Icelandic Ístex yarn. It was cute winter accessory for my head full of dreadlocks, but now - with short hair - it's (was) too big for me. So I decided to frog this whole project and use the yarn again !


I picked a simple free hat pattern on Ravelry (Barley from TinCanKnits) and classical fair isle pattern from Pinterest. It was super-quick and fun, but now that I come back to it again I see all my mistakes and the reason why the fair isle sweater (which I started right after this hat was finished) couldn't work :D Even if it's not that visible I was holding yarn too tight and it ended up smaller that it should be. Which is fine with hat, but not OK with sweater... well...let's talk about my fair isle sweater experiments when I finally finish one, so I can learn from my mistakes and maybe give you some tips and tricks ...

Anyway, this hat ended up being really cute and warm and I'm happy about the whole recycling process :)




I hope you're all doing fine ♥


Have a beautiful day, everyone !



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat